Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fr Pradeep New Rector of Pune Papal Seminary

Father Pradeep Sequeira Is New Rector of Papal Seminary Pune

May 16, 2007

BANGALORE, Karnataka (SAR NEWS) -- Jesuit Father Pradeep Sequeira has been appointed Rector of the Papal Seminary in Pune, Maharashtra State.

The new rector told SAR News: "The appointment comes from two sources – the Prefect for Evangelisation at the Vatican, Ivan Cardinal Dias, has appointed me rector of the St. Francis Xavier Papal Seminary while the Jesuit Superior General has appointed me the rector of the Jesuits of the Papal Seminary."

"I deem the appointment as a fortunate responsibility given to me, though I feel rather inadequate. It’s of being of service to the Church in India and an important responsibility. Today’s seminarians are the future of the Church," said Father Sequeira.

No comments: